Tuesday, April 1, 2008

DIORAMAS

Here are the four dioramas I made to put into our chests in the promo photo. They are supposed to be like the shoebox dioramas you make in grade school when say, you have a report about a state--perhaps you put the Virginia state bird and the state slogan and the state flag all in your box--layers of A+ meaning!

I think I actually did do a report about the state of Virginia in 5th grade. I think I also made a diorama. I don't think I got an A+, though, which figures, because I don't remember the state bird or the state motto.

Here' s the little birdhouse in your soul:

And here's a garden of flowers made of teabag envelopes:


Here is a stately yarn tree for your solarplexus:


And this one is full of label leaves, but I'm going to have to redo it because it doesn't photograph well. In person it's my favorite one. You'll just have to trust me on that one.
We're sinking them into our chests (see last posts). I hope it works. Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the dioramas look great! ESPECIALLY the first bird one. the clouds are a nice touch. can't wait to see the final product

sorella said...

The bird one is seriously trippy! I love them all!