Sunday, May 4, 2008

A FUN NATURE LINK AND AN UPDATE

I just read about this woman who lives in a houseboat in the 79th Street Basin on the Hudson River. She is a doctor of Science Education, or some such thing. Anyway, she wrote a book called "Field Guide to the Natural World of New York City". I'm ordering it before I leave this chair. I've been waiting my whole life for a book like this.

Here's a link to an article in the NY Times nature blog where she asks readers questions about NYC nature. It has three parts and starts here. Did you know there are hawks living in Central Park?

Here's an update on progress with the Yarn Tree. I got a ladder and have begun to affix the chicken wire and yarn cones to it. Here's me sewing the top part on:

And here's the foot of progress I made on it over the course of the day:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW. I absolutely love this whole idea. I've visited the site several times and I NEVER leave dissatisfied. There are ALWAYS new things to look at and figure out, and I'm CERTAIN that the actual installation will be just the same-- intriguing and immensely delightful. Please, please PLEASE tell me I'll see this in my town someday!

CJ

Souvenirs & Shiny Things Installation said...

Aw shucks. You bet I will.